What is this?
- We are offering $5,000 in seed funding for the best science game of 2018. Golgi Productions will feature your game on our website if applicable, and connect you with additional non-financial resources to build out your game.
- Scientific Accuracy
- Scientific Breadth
- Full development cost
- Revenue potential
- Send an email to with a description of the game and directions on how to access.
- Games do NOT need to be finished products, playable prototypes are good enough.
- Must provide submission by April 1st, 2019.
- Desktop, browser, or mobile are acceptable formats.
- Golgi will retain co-branding rights on the final version of your game.
How do we fund you?
- Golgi Productions will provide a guaranteed minimum prize of $5,000. Additional prize money will be contingent on our sales team, who will seek funding for your project from non-profit health and science advocacy organizations.
How are winners chosen?
- Four judges will rank all submissions from best to worst, highest total score wins.
- Judges will include at least one scientist, teacher, and student.
- There are no explicit criteria, a good game on a subject we care less about is worth more than a bad game on a subject we're really interested in.
- We strongly discourage "fact bubbles". Instead, facts should be programmed into game mechanics.
- To see an example of the type of thing we're looking for, see games in development.
- We want you to succeed! Reach out to us early, we are very happy to provide feedback on whether your idea is in line with our expectations.